By Michael T. Raggo, Chet Hosmer
As info hiding detection and forensic suggestions have matured, individuals are developing extra complex stealth equipment for spying, company espionage, terrorism, and cyber struggle all to prevent detection. Data Hiding provides an exploration into the current day and subsequent new release of instruments and strategies utilized in covert communications, complicated malware equipment and knowledge concealment strategies. The hiding concepts defined comprise the newest applied sciences together with cellular units, multimedia, virtualization and others. those ideas supply company, goverment and army body of workers with the information to enquire and shield opposed to insider threats, undercover agent recommendations, espionage, complex malware and mystery communications. by way of figuring out the plethora of threats, you'll achieve an realizing of the easy methods to protect oneself from those threats via detection, research, mitigation and prevention.
* assessment of the newest facts hiding options provided at world-renownded conferences
* offers many real-world examples of knowledge concealment at the newest applied sciences together with iOS, Android, VMware, MacOS X, Linux and home windows 7
* Dives deep into the fewer identified methods to info hiding, covert communications, and complicated malware
* contains by no means prior to released information regarding subsequent iteration equipment of knowledge hiding
* Outlines a well-defined method for countering threats
* seems to be forward at destiny predictions for data hiding
Read Online or Download Data Hiding: Exposing Concealed Data in Multimedia, Operating Systems, Mobile Devices and Network Protocols PDF
Similar security books
Filenote: PDF retail from EBL. Publisher/EBL seem to have created it via taking their great epub and switched over to PDF instead of the common appealing PDF imprint. identify is in OD so could be a nicer imprint.
CISSP examine advisor - absolutely up-to-date for the 2015 CISSP physique of data
CISSP (ISC)2 qualified info structures defense specialist legit learn advisor, seventh variation has been thoroughly up-to-date for the most recent 2015 CISSP physique of information. This bestselling Sybex examine consultant covers a hundred% of all examination ambitions. You'll arrange for the examination smarter and swifter with Sybex because of specialist content material, real-world examples, suggestion on passing each one element of the examination, entry to the Sybex on-line interactive studying atmosphere, and lots more and plenty extra. toughen what you've realized with key subject examination necessities and bankruptcy evaluate questions.
Along with the publication, you furthermore mght get entry to Sybex's more advantageous on-line interactive studying surroundings that incorporates:
• 4 specified 250 query perform checks that will help you establish the place you must learn extra.
• Get greater than ninety percentage of the solutions right, and you're able to take the certification examination.
• greater than 1,000 digital Flashcards to augment your studying and provides you last-minute try out prep earlier than the examination
• A searchable thesaurus in PDF to provide you fast entry to the foremost phrases you must be aware of for the examination
Coverage of all the examination issues within the e-book capability you'll be prepared for:
• safety and probability administration
• Asset safety
• protection Engineering
• conversation and community safety
• id and entry administration
• safeguard evaluate and checking out
• safety Operations
• Software Development safeguard
Should you don’t hack your platforms, who will? one of many purposes I positioned this publication undertaking jointly is that i think safeguard pros could be hackers. accordingly, via hackers, I suggest those who find themselves in a position to defeating security features. This ebook purports to educate humans find out how to be hackers. in fact, the general public who purchase this e-book will achieve this simply because they wish to guard their very own structures and people in their business enterprise.
- Targeted Cyber Attacks: Multi-staged Attacks Driven by Exploits and Malware
- CCNP Security VPN 642-647 Official Cert Guide
- Critical Security Studies: Concepts And Strategies
- Perils of Anarchy: Contemporary Realism and International Security
- Security and Privacy in the Digital Era
Additional info for Data Hiding: Exposing Concealed Data in Multimedia, Operating Systems, Mobile Devices and Network Protocols
Com. 20). txt file with the hidden message. 22). rar Archive Created Next we hide the archive in a JPEG file. JPG” as our carrier. Using the copy command in DOS, we add the /b option to treat the file as a binary file. Additionally we use the “+” symbol to combine two files. In this case we’re combining our carrier file “Class. rar 1 file(s) copied. This technique allows you to actually append the WinRAR archive to the JPEG, beyond the EOF (End of File) marker. This approach allows the JPEG to appear normally in a viewer, as the viewer will normally ignore data beyond the EOF marker, make this a nice place to hide data.
MOBILE DEVICE DATA HIDING The Google Android mobile platform, based on the Linux kernel, is supported across a wide range of devices. This proliferation has resulted in a plethora of applications written for the Android operating system. Specific security features have been built into the based platform from which the individual hardware manufacturers build from to create their own “flavor” of Android for their hardware. 7 Some data hiding applications allow the native Linux functionality to be leveraged for hiding data.
11). 11 Viewing Image Metadata in Windows 7 Also, by right-clicking on the image, you can modify the EXIF headers. 12). 12 Changing the Camera Maker Metadata from HTC to Motorola Mobile Device Data Hiding Although this may be a rudimentary way to hide data in a photograph, it’s easy for most people to do, and as a result can be an efficient way to hide data and disseminate it to other individuals. Unknowing users also leave behind traces of their identity with pictures as well. Law enforcement commonly uses this metadata, especially GPS data to locate the whereabouts of an individual at the time the photo was taken, and from what device the photo was taken from.