By Jon Marks
This workbook is designed to aid non-native English audio system enhance their wisdom and figuring out of center computing and I.T. terminology. Self-study workouts and sensible lecture room actions are integrated, making it effortless to revise lecture room wisdom at domestic. It makes use of various enticing actions resembling be aware video games, crosswords, conversing workouts and workforce video games, which make studying effortless and enjoyable!
Read Online or Download Check Your English Vocabulary for Computing (Check Your Vocabulary) PDF
Best english as a second language books
With a clean new layout and a bunch of up to date workouts and actions, the preferred specialise in Grammar sequence is simpler and obtainable than ever. recognized for its specialize in English grammar via contextualized listening, conversing, interpreting, and writing actions, this full of life built-in talents direction is helping scholars bridge the distance among comprehending grammatical buildings and really utilizing them.
Try your online business Vocabulary in Use is a suite of sixty six checks according to the major corpus expert vocabulary highlighted in company Vocabulary in Use. there's a transparent one-page try for every unit of the guardian publication and a effortless resolution key which permits newcomers to examine their solutions effectively. The scoring process offers the self-study learner with speedy suggestions on their growth.
THE LEXICAL method develops present pondering, synthesizing the easiest insights of prior conception, corpus linguistics, discourse research, and sleek techniques to grammar
- The Teacher's Grammar Book, Second Edition
- Discussion Starters: Speaking Fluency Activities for Advanced ESL EFL Students
- Help with Phrasal Verbs
- Touchstone Student's Book Level 1 (Touchstone)
- I nani
- Pearl Buck’s The Good Earth
Extra info for Check Your English Vocabulary for Computing (Check Your Vocabulary)
1. Tony thinks Jenny should change her email provider. 2. The designer will need to reformat the files. 3. Angela doesn't have broadband. 4. Tony is sending resized versions of the a/w files to Angela. 5. These versions will look the same as the original versions. 6. Tony is going on holiday on Friday morning. 7. Trevor may be able to help with any problems that come up while Tony is away. 8. The style is neutral – neither formal nor informal. B. Find words or expressions in the email which mean the same as the phrases below.
5 Some useful adjectives A. Choose the best words. 1. Software which is easy to use is… a. user-easy b. user-friendly c. usable b. guessable c. comprehensible 2. Software which is obvious to use is… a. intuitive 3. Software which is not obvious to use is… a. counter-intuitive b. unintuitive c. non-intuitive 4. Software for use by children and schools is… a. learning b. teaching c. educational b. businesslike c. busy 5. Software for use by businesses is… a. commercial 6. Software made specially for one company is… a.
A. colour pattern b. colour arrangement c. colour scheme 6. You can give your presentation over the internet as an __________. a. online broadcast b. online show c. online spectacle 7. It's usually clearer to present statistics in the form of a table or __________. a. chart b. figure c. track 8. If you wish, the software will help you __________ of your presentation. a. practice the times b. rehearse the timing c. try out the times 9. You can choose to record the __________ on your computer… a.