By Chuck Sandy
Lively abilities for communique is a thrilling new three-level sequence that develops rookies' talking and listening abilities. Written via ELT experts Curtis Kelly and Chuck Sandy, with sequence advisor Neil J. Anderson, the sequence makes use of the lively method of aid inexperienced persons turn into extra fluent, confident-and active-speakers of English. every one unit comprises easy-to-follow, step by step actions that lead towards an enormous conversing job. The initiatives are according to real-life occasions and are designed to extend self-worth and foster confident attitudes in the direction of studying English.
Read Online or Download ACTIVE Skills for Communication 1: Student Text PDF
Similar english as a second language books
With a clean new layout and a number of up to date routines and actions, the preferred specialize in Grammar sequence is more effective and obtainable than ever. identified for its concentrate on English grammar via contextualized listening, conversing, examining, and writing actions, this vigorous built-in talents direction is helping scholars bridge the space among comprehending grammatical constructions and truly utilizing them.
Try what you are promoting Vocabulary in Use is a collection of sixty six assessments in accordance with the foremost corpus expert vocabulary highlighted in company Vocabulary in Use. there's a transparent one-page try for every unit of the dad or mum e-book and a common resolution key which permits inexperienced persons to envision their solutions effectively. The scoring approach offers the self-study learner with fast suggestions on their growth.
THE LEXICAL procedure develops present pondering, synthesizing the easiest insights of past concept, corpus linguistics, discourse research, and glossy ways to grammar
- Teacher's Guide for Send Me a Message: A step-by-step Approach to Business and Professional Writing (Teacher's Guide)
- Advanced Learner’s Grammar. A Self-study Reference and Practice Book with Answers
- First Certificate Language Practice: English Grammar and Vocabulary: With Key
- King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Level 2, Penguin Readers
- Penguin Readers - level 2 The Mummy Returns
- Inside Reading 3 Student Book Pack: The Academic Word List in Context
Additional info for ACTIVE Skills for Communication 1: Student Text
Pair work. Talk about these questions. 1. Which personality type are you most similar to? What kinds of jobs do you think would fit your personality? 2. Can you think of someone who has the wrong job for his or her personality? Explain why. @p66 11. It's really worth seeing! C. It is the largest structure ever built. D. It was sometimes filled with water for ship battles. * The Taj Mahal in India was built between 1630 and 1652. It is tomb for the wife of an Indian prince. * The States of Liberty in new York was opened in 1886.
Now use your diagnostic machine to find out which foods your body needs. You find out you need more vegetables and less fat. Your food-preparation machine makes you a salad. After lunch, you go down the hall to your home office. Here you have everything you need for doing your work. Thanks to your information screen and your new computer, you almost never go into the office anymore. The information screen shows an urgent message from a co-worker in Brazil. You set the screen to translate Portuguese into English.
6. Would you mind not talking so loud? (_). a. We're sorry. We'll talk more quietly. b. Sorry. I'll do it right away, c. Oh, 1'm sorry. I didn't realize this was the non-smoking section. d. Are you kidding? I'm totally broke! e. 1'm really sorry, but I'm busy. f, Sure, no problem. I'd be glad to. B. Pair work. Take turns making the requests in part A. This time give your own responses. C. C1ass activity. Think of five unusual requests. Go around the class and make your requests. How many people accepted and how many refused?